Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 30 of 30. Cancer Free Six Years

Today is my 30th day of blogging 30 days straight!  Wow, a completed challenge...I'm totally psyched!  There is more than one reason to celebrate today...six years ago I had a lumpectomy for breast cancer.  A little history...it all happened so fast!  Annual mammograms after turning 40.  Called back several times over the first few years for second scans...but always told not to worry..."your breast tissue is very dense and hard to read".  Then one of those years they sent me over to have a needle biopsy.  Again, I'm told not to worry, 75% of these are not cancer...just precaution.  So, I didn't worry.  24 hours after the biopsy I got the call that "it" was cancer.  Did you know there is 14 different types of breast cancer?  I was diagnosed with DCIS stage zero.  If you are going to get cancer, I was told this is the one to get...again...luck of the draw I guess.  Again, I was blessed, the cancer was in two spots, but close enough to get in one lumpectomy.  I followed up surgery with weeks of radiation and have been cancer free since.

Now, second reason to celebrate?  I sold a photo to Lupine two years ago...they make dog collars.  I just heard today that the photo was published on a recent mailing.  I haven't seen it myself, but it's a great feeling.  The photo is of five puppies all laying side by side on a sofa sleeping.  They all have Lupine collars on, in different colors.  Here is another photo from that same session.

Thank you to all of you who have been following me this past month.  Please come back and visit often, or request an RSS feed.  I will be getting back to posting weekly!

1 comment:

Anita said...

I remember that photo and wondering how in the world you got them to lie still all at the same time. Congratulations on the photo and the 6 years! A big deal. I will soon be 11 years. But you always get sweaty palms when the annual mamo happens. I felt bad about your fall. Well the tell was funny.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...