Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 21 of 30.Maine Dog Photographer

OK, today I'm getting a little personal...and a bit silly.  Today I'm sharing my TV habits.
Ever since I can remember, I have always had a favorite show...one that I watched religiously week after week.  Currently I have three favorite shows.  Survivor, Grey's Anatomy, and Desperate Housewives.  These I call my guilty pleasures.  Rarely do I sit in the living room and watch TV with my family, so therefore, when I do, I call it my guilty pleasure.  (I should add that I am the only one in the family who watches Desperate Housewives and Grey's...so these two shows I usually watch from the kitchen table while working on my laptop.  Survivor...well...that's a different story.  That we watch together...and for as long as I can remember.  I got hooked, right after season one, when naked Richard took the million.  My boss at the time, reserved a conference room for the morning after, so we could all talk about it.  I hadn't watched but a few shows, but I was hooked, and talked my husband into watching the repeats with me (yes, season one was rebroadcast weekly in its entirety).  So, we do make an effort to watch it together every week, as much as the family schedule allows.  Here's one of my blog post from 2008

Now, the reason I watch Desperate Housewives is strictly for the entertainment.  There are certain shows I cannot watch.  I used to watch ER, but once I had my first child I found that show just freaked me out week after week.  Some nights I went to bed with big red puffy eyes and a splitting headache from crying my brains out...so I gave it up...and I gave up others like it too.  Grey's is borderline...sometimes I think I will need to give it up...but as long as Patrick Dempsey and the humor stays...so will I. 

My all time favorite...to this day...guilty pleasure?  Ally McBeal  That show was pure entertainment to me.  Quirky at it's best.  Ally McBeal introduced me to Josh Groban, Barry White, and Vonda Shepard (who I saw in concert this past summer at The Landing in Pine Point...she is AWESOME!!).  That is the show where I fell in love with Robert Downey Jr.  I remember the disappointment and betrayal I felt when his real life ass was tossed in jail and he was fired from the show.  I was so heart broken!  Am I normal?  I am so grateful today for his sobriety and for his wonderful career.  My whole family knows how much I love him, and they have enjoyed accompanying me to the big screen for movies like Ironman and Sherlock Holmes. 

So, as random as I've managed to be here, let me share why I was inspired to blog about this tonight.  As I had feared...this being sweeps week and all...I must choose which one of my favorite shows I will watch Sunday night.  Both Survivor and Desperate Housewives will be airing finales on Sunday night, at the same time.  No...I don't DVR...in fact I don't own a DVR...but...I do have my laptop...and I'll be choosing to watch one finale Sunday night with my family, and the other finale from my laptop on Monday.  Desperate Housewives has been my quirky fix for 8 years...and now I must find another guilty pleasure.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Okay...I will try again to figure out these squiggly letters. I love this post...too funny! My guys used to watch Survivor with me but they quit and then so did I. You watch all the same shows my parents watch though...they loved Ally McB. My mom is really in to The Good Wife now. I've only seen it once when I was over and not allowed to speak except during commercials. It seemed good though. You could do a Day in the Life of Jo post for your blog. I love reading!! Xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...