Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 23 of 30.Crock Pot Meatloaf

Ouch.  I deserve a good cry, and I've already had one today, and just in case anyone else out there needs one, I've got a guaranteed one on the way, should you choose to have one.
This is how my day started.
5:45 my husband wakes me to kiss me goodbye.  He's headed off for a days work in Bangor, and reminds me to wake up the boys and drive them to school.
6:05 my alarm goes off.  I wake up my youngest to head in the shower.
6:10 I feed both dogs and a cat, and start the coffee.
6:15 I put on my rain boots and raincoat to walk the dogs, but realize it is pouring so hard I will just let them do their business in the back yard and try and squeeze a walk in later.
6:20 towel off the dogs and get back in the house.
6:25 enjoy a bowl of crunchy bran flakes
6:30 enjoy a cup of coffee
6:45 head out the door to drop the boys off at school
6:45:20 slip on the top step
6:45:21 air born
6:45:22 crash down and proceed to hit my lower back, butt, and head on the remaining 5 wet steps.
I completely lost track of time after that.
Both my boys help pick me up.  At this very moment I'm wet, embarrassed, and hurting like crazy all over.  Someone retrieves my keys for me, they too went air born.  I climb into my vehicle and notice a drop of blood on my purse...and spend the next few seconds trying to find what part of my body it sprouted from...no big deal...a bit of a split on my finger and a broken nail.  Luckily, our drive is short, and I am soon home again...still wet...still hurting...still embarrassed.  I drag my wet self up the stairs, pour myself a hot bath, take two ibuprofen tablets, and proceed to try and improve upon the day.  Still quite achy...but yes much improved.

When planning this weeks dinner menu I knew I had to work around two baseball games and a track meet, several scout meetings, and lots of rain.  May doesn't usually register to me as a big crock-pot-meal-kinda month...but whatever...as long as I make a plan I can feel good about getting dinner on the table at a reasonable time.

On today's menu, crock pot meatloaf.  Everything is put together, and I'm pretty much done with dinner prep already.  I might even have time to grab the heating pad and put my feet up for a bit!


Ok, now...about that good cry I promised you.
We all know someone who has suffered enormous tragedy.  We all know that we are suppose to live today to it's fullest, because we never know what today has in store for us.  OK, first of all, this next part is not about me.  I came upon the blog post quite by accident.  The post is written by a woman who has her first encounter with a medium/psychic.  Now unlike this woman, I do have a strong faith, I do believe in God, and I can't imagine going through the loss of a spouse without my beliefs.

Now, just like I introduced you to Catherine's blog back on day 3, those of you who chose to read it are sharing a family's amazing story of miracles and faith. 
The blog post I'm about to share with you, I came across simply because of my love of Bon Jovi.  I do not know the person who wrote it, I do not even know the person who shared it.  The title just caught my eye, and within minutes I was pulling napkins out of the napkin holder because I didn't want to stop to get up and get a tissue.  Needless to say, I had my good cry.  I am once again reminded that my day doesn't suck that bad...and I'm eternally grateful for the people who choose to share their personal stories with strangers all over this globe...for they are constant reminders that no matter what storm we may personally be going through, we are not alone. 
Here is the post.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...