Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day Two of Thirty Maine Photographer on Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

We all go through times in our lives where we may wonder "why me?"  Sometimes we know someone who is going through one of those times, and we wonder how they will get through it and if WE could, if the roles were reversed.  Sometimes we realize, we are not alone in these rough times.  Sometimes, when we share our stories, we can help others who may be wondering how they will ever make it through whatever it is they are struggling with.

I have a cousin who gave birth to a beautiful baby girl three weeks ago.

More specifically, a miracle baby girl.

I hope to share my cousin's blog with you tomorrow, but for today, I will share another photographer's blog entry, about my cousins' miracle baby girl.

The photographer is part of the organization "Now I lay me down to sleep"

Not even two months ago I was watching an online training class with the founder of this organization.  She talked about the request she received from a mother who's baby was being taken off of life support and how the family wanted photographs of the baby, without all the tubes and wires.  I went through a half a box of tissues just listening to her story, and how she and that mother then went on to build this organization.  NILMDTS is in 25 countries, and serviced by over 7000 photographers who volunteer their time to provide families who are mourning the loss of a child with free professional portraiture of their baby.

Back to my cousin's blog, she mentioned her checklist for the babies birth included a photographer from nilmdts and as a photographer, this overwhelmed me with emotion again.  Sandy Puc, the founding photographer is a women not afraid to share her emotions, and if I remember correctly the mother of eight children.  She certainly captured my attention in the video I was watching, and encouraged all photographers to not write themselves off of being a nilmdts photographer. 

I should mention, my cousin is in Mississippi, so photographing her new baby was not an option for me, but I'm happy to share the link to the blog of the photographer who did photograph her.
http://rutledgephotographyblog.com/?p=842

...and if you do offer up a prayer tonight, please share one for miracle baby Battley, and for Jennifer Rudledge, the photographer who captures these legacies for families going through one of life's most difficult journeys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo,

Just saw your 30-day challenge on your wall. I have started reading it. I am only on day 2 and already hooked. I have a niece that used NIILMDTS and they are wonderful. Thier baby had Trisomy 18, a genetic disorder and little Madelyn was still born. NILMEDTS came in and took the most beautiful pictures of our littlest angel. I am so thankful to them for giving Karen and Paul the opportunity to see thier baby girl every day for the rest of their lives. Happy reading to me. Love You, Jo!! Carol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...