Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 6 of 30.Maine Photographer of Tails and Veils

OK, I will admit, this 30 day challenge is kicking my butt...but I'll squeak this one in with a few minutes to spare before the stroke of midnight! 
Every Monday morning I photograph any "new" cats available for adoption at the Animal Refuge League of Greater Portland.
Every week I photograph an average of 15-20 cats...but sometimes up to 30 new cats.  I've always been amazed at the amount of cats who come to the ARL before finding their forever homes.  Many people ask me if it's sad.  No, it is not sad.  Occasionally I will be there when someone comes in looking at the cats, and a few times, someone has started crying, different reasons, either they were looking for someone they lost, or they have just found someone they don't want to live without.

Something you may not know is, I do not photograph the kittens...or any cat under a year old.  That is because kittens don't usually stick around long enough to need a photo on the website...they are just too darn cute and in demand.  So...today...there were three kittens in the lobby...and all was pretty quiet...so I thought I might take a few photos just for fun!  Here they are.  Their names are Granite, Shadow, and Willey...and I took these photos over 12 hours ago...so I'm not going to say whether they are still available or not...but you can always contact the ARL and ask!







1 comment:

Cheryl Nash said...

Ok, thanks for making me cry. Having fun reading your posts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...