Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day three of Thirty. Maine Photographer of Tails and Veils

As promised, I am sharing my cousins' blog today.  I did ask her permission first...and it was granted.
What Catherine is sharing, is very personal.  She started the blog so she wouldn't have to tell her story over and over again...but what started out to be a vehicle of communication, appears to have become a form of therapy, for her, and for those of us who love her.

I believe it was Catherine's second trimester carrying baby girl Battley, that she learned her baby has Trisomy 18.  Her blog has a link "back to the beginning" which is right after she found out about the Trisomy 18.  Catherine explains what Trisomy 18 is, her fears of how this will change how people react to her, and more than anything else, her blog solidifies to her readers, her faith in God.

I'm not going to even pretend I have been through anything like this, or how I would behave if I were going through anything like this, but I do know, as a mother, I would have made the same choices as Catherine.  Catherine's goal was to carry her baby to term, and to see her, hold her, love her, and enjoy her, for whatever amount of time God gave her. 

Catherine's blog has been a joy and comfort to those of us who live far away, to be able to share in this very special time of her life...but I know for certain, that somewhere down the road, her blog will be a source of inspiration and hope and faith for others who will travel down the same path of uncertainty.

Catherine's trust in God is an inspiration, if not a lesson, that miracles occur everyday.
If you pray, please pray today for Catherine and her family.
http://candturkey.blogspot.com/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...