Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 5.Peaks Island Maine.Portland Maine Photographer

Day 5.  Once again a day late.  I shall not give up. 
Today was a great day. 
I accompanied my son's scout group to Peaks Island, for a day of biking and fresh air. 
The group does this trip annually, and even though I have lived my entire life in Maine, it was just my second trip to the island...my first trip was with this same group three years ago.
This is a great day out in Maine.  Our state has so much to offer when it comes to spectacular natural views...and I had every intention of taking advantage of this opportunity to capture some of these views for my own personal photography portfolio. 
It's a pretty relaxing day.  We meet at Back Bay in Portland, bike from Back Cove to the Casco Bay Ferry (approx 3.5 miles) then get on board the ferry for a short trip to the island (approx 20 minutes) then ride around the island (approx 4 miles around), stopping for a short period of time at a World War II bunker to enjoy our bagged lunches. 
With a group of boys, fun includes adding air to bike tires, playing on the rocks, playing at the bunker, playing with your lunch, and of course, a bit of ice cream.  The day was so laid back, most of us made the island tour at least twice...some even more. 
Total mileage on my bike...personally...around 20 miles.  (...and no, I made no attempt to get in shape for this adventure...)
My faithful sidekick took me out to dinner when we returned, bought me two Margarita's, let me soak in a hot bath, and let me crash into bed long before dark...thank you dear!  As for Josh, he seems to be holding his own. 
The weather forecast predicted an overcast day, which it was, but the appearance of the sun for our return ferry ride home added a moment of perfection to the whole day.
I did put together a quick slide show of today's views...we all know...that is how I speak best.  Yes, I did snap as I biked, however, it wasn't without a price...I am sporting a few extra bruises today for the mistakes I made yesterday...learn from my mistakes...don't shoot and drive.
Click on this photo to view the slideshow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...