Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Big Girl Chloe, a Golden Retriever in Heat part 2. A Maine Pet Photographer

Here's an update on my beautiful Golden Retriever Chloe (AKA Chloebutt...but that's for another day).
Day 6 of her heat.  My house is a sty.  Both dogs have been tracking in sand after their morning and evening walks.  I swear each of them collects grit in all four paws and waits an hour after their walks, relaxes their paws, and deposits their collection on my kitchen floor.  Along with the daily grit is now the addition of the blood drops.  Chloe will clean much of those up...but in the interim...if the cat comes across them she will hover above it for minutes at a time trying to bury it.  Yes...there is grit on the floor, but the cat will bury in vain...for there is not enough grit to bury with!!  Either way, I am not accepting company or visitors at this time!

I was under the impression that my dog would have two heats a year.  It is obvious that Chloe is a one heat a year girl.  She averages a good ten months between heats.  She is three years old, and has had all her checkups needed to make sure she is a good candidate for breeding.  Personally, I think she's the cats meow and more.  There is no greater dog!  She is, however, a bit quirky.  She is easily spooked.  Walking her on a dark evening she will gladly cross the street in order to avoid walking by a holiday blow up...or even a roadside trash or recycle bin.  I'm quite curious as to how she will behave with her pending mate.

Yes, we do have a stud play date scheduled for this Friday.  Yes, I will be bringing my camera and a telephoto lens, and I hope to set up camp in a nearby window.  I've done a bit of research and am sharing it with you here on what to expect on Friday when Chloe meets her stud.

I will share more personal stories of Chloe as the days go by.  Chloe is from the Snowypaws "Charm" litter...and her litter name was "third times a charm" in connection with her mother having a successful breeding after three attempts.  We are in hopes that Chloe's first attempt will be successful, but we are on a journey, so we will all learn together...and I will have plenty of posts during this time to share lots of Chloe stories.

I'm now going to share photos of Roman with you!  Roman is one of my recent Dog Wash Etc monthly portrait winners.  Roman is a golden retriever...and I probably don't need to tell you that it was love at first sight for us?  Shame on me, but my notes are sketchy on his age...I think he's 5 years old, and quite the handsome energetic spitfire.  I thank his owner Amanda for sharing him with me...we definitely had a great visit!









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...