Tuesday, September 18, 2012

ARLGP Live and Silent Auction. Maine Photographer

If you are a regular reader to my blog you already know that I photograph the cats every week at the Animal Refuge League of Greater Portland.  I only photograph cats that are new to the center, and each week I photograph between 15 to 30 cats.  That is a lot of cats!  After two years of doing this, I still find it hard to wrap my head around that number...the volume of cats looking for a home each and every week. 

Last year I was asked to photograph the annual auction, a major fundraiser for the ARLGP.  Of course I said yes!  (I love photographing cats...but...I like photographing people too!)  I was delighted to attend this very classy event, held at the Portland Country Club.  It was fun to see many of the staff and volunteers dressed up...something not seen when working with the animals!  So this year, I can't remember if I was asked to attend...or if I did the asking...but it was an event I didn't want to miss.

I don't know what the final numbers were, but the auctions, both silent and live were a definite success.  I've put together a 3 minute slide show to share the atmosphere of this great event.
I hope to photograph it again in 2013...and of course...I hope to see you there too!
Link to slideshow below.

http://video214.com/play/fw0DdN8ZYJ0YvolV4sjHcg/s/dark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...