Sunday, June 3, 2012

Victoria and Jake's Engagement Shoot.Maine Wedding Photographer

This rainy weekend has turned out to be a bit of a blessing for me.  My original plans included taking more photos, but instead I've gotten to stay inside and work on sharing some of the photos I've already taken...and now I have the perfect photos to share! 
These photos are from an engagement session I did two weeks ago, when we were blessed with gorgeous weather!

I met Victoria and Jake at Goose Rocks Beach at 9am on a Saturday morning and the sun was already burning brightly.  I quickly looked around and there wasn't a spot of shade to be had anywhere.  Since this is the exact spot Jake and Vic will be exchanging wedding vows on later this summer, it was important to them that we start here with some engagement photos.  Victoria had also invited her mom to help entertain the young Brelyn, Victoria's daughter.  Very smart mother!  I absolutely loved photographing Brelyn, but I also loved being able to focus on couple shots while Brelyn played with her grandmother. 

The reception will be held just up the street from the beach, at the Ocean Woods Resort, so we headed over there to see if we could take a few shots in the shade.  The contrast between the two spots is intense.  At the beach we had white sands, blue water and sky, and lots of shadows!  At the resort everything was so lush and green...I do believe we got the best of each scenario.  Honestly, I'm a huge fan of color photos...especially for weddings...after all, we put so much emphasis on the wedding colors, and I could tell Victoria had definitely put some thought into the colors for our photo session.  Unless a bride specifically requests black and white photos, I often feel a bit of guilt converting their photos from color to black and white...however...because of the contrast between these two spots I have already converted many of these engagement photos to black and white, and I really like the results.  Once I took away the contrast, it left me looking at a couple in love...that...sometimes...is the power of a black and white photo.

I offer a free engagement shoot in all of my wedding packages.  It gives us an opportunity to get to know each other and built a level of comfort for the wedding day.  I absolutely love and enjoy these opportunities, both during the photo session, and the conversations that can take place after the photo session.  I thank Victoria and Jacob, and Bre and Grandmother Cathy for all coming out early on a Saturday morning to spend some time together for a photo shoot...and I absolutely look forward to spending time with this wonderful family later this summer on their very special wedding day.  I've included some of my favorites from the photo session here, and also added a slide show at the end.





follow the link below to view 2+ minute slideshow!
 http://video214.com/play/KrWYs7Yg0TXKN84mJg5qSA/s/dark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...