Monday, September 2, 2013

Gus and Shannon's Wedding. A Maine Photographer

Thank you to all who have requested I get back to blogging.  Let it be known I did not go on vacation this summer...although...my family did buy a house...and that is totally better than being on vacation...because it's kinda like a big long ongoing vacation.  Driving somewhere new, sleeping somewhere new, having a pantry for food, having a new refrigerator, having a garage, having a big kitchen, having a photography studio!!  Say what?  Yup, lots and lots going on here at Minor Moments Photography.  Many of you have asked me to share a bit more about the house...and I promise I will soon.  I do want to play catch up on lots of the photos I've taken for clients first, but I promise to share more on the house and studio soon.  To summarize, going without Internet and phones for a 12 day period, during a very busy time of year for me has put a bit of a crunch on my workflow, and I promise to share more on the house as I work my way through my backlog :)  So, for the next few months I will be playing catch up...big time!  So please come back here often.

August 3rd I photographed Gus and Shannon's wedding at Assumption College in Worcester MA.  What's a Maine photographer doing photographing a wedding in Massachusetts?  Doing what I love to do that's what.  As a photographer, I can think of no greater compliment than being asked to capture the very special events and moments of a wedding...and when that compliment comes to me in the form of a referral from a former bride...well lets just say it doesn't get much sweeter than that.  Three summers ago I photographed Cory and Niki's wedding (you can see a blog post here Cory and Niki).  I was referred to Niki by my BFF Jill, (Aunt Jill to Niki)...and Niki referred me to her little brother Gus...and that's how I ended up in Massachusetts...and I hope to return next year for Shannon's "little brother"'s wedding too...but this is getting complicated so I'll refocus to Gus and Shannon for now.  I also want to add that my BFF Jill's daughter Cady, (you can view Cady's senior portrait link here Cady's Senior Pictures) who just left for Georgia entering her first year of college and plans to study photography, stepped in as my sidekick and helped me capture some great moments.  Thank you Cady!  You are so much fun I can't wait to work with you again someday!
   
If you follow my blog you know I love to tell my stories in the form of "video's" or slideshows.  So below are a few of my favorite photos from the wedding, and I've included a low resolution slideshow to tell the story the best way I can.

Recap:  Thank you to BFF Jill for introducing me to your extended family!  Thank you to Niki for the little bro referral.  Thank you to Cady for being my sidekick...and a BIG thank you to Gus and Shannon for letting me share and capture your very special and beautiful and very fun day!  On a side note and a testimony to this very special couple, their wedding party of family and friends was an absolute joy to work with!

Niki and daughter Scarlet 

Oh boy...a purple wedding for Joanne to photograph!
Shannon and Mom

Niki and Cory

Great shot captured by sidekick Cady
 Beautiful Assumption College Church

Bride Shannon choreographed this shot herself, she had a vision...absolutely beautiful!

BFF Jill and family


Mini cheeseburger sliders brought out toward end of reception...awesome!


                           (I rocking my "boot camp" arms!!)

Sidekick Cady

...and slideshow link!
http://video214.com/play/9ITMlij0796842ivkDNpKQ/s/dark

and if you want more Gus and Shannon, and why wouldn't you?...you can view their engagement photos here

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...