Friday, February 8, 2013

Happy Snow Day. A Maine Photographer

This post is not about snow...even though we are getting plenty of it.
I have a brand new friend.  She's a photographer and she loves purple...what's not to like?  Anyway, I was telling her about a "famous"photographer who's style she might enjoy.  I'm guessing she checked her out, because she just sent me this link.  One thing my new friend doesn't know about me (she will now) is I'm a breast cancer survivor.  I don't really tell my story that often, because I definitely had an easy experience with it...if there is such a thing.  My cancer was diagnosed through a mammogram while it was still in "stage zero" My doctor told me that if you're going to "have" breast cancer, then  out of the 14 different kinds of breast cancer known, the one I had was the best one to get.  I went through surgery and radiation.  I did not need to go through chemo, and mostly for that reason, I often feel like I really cannot call myself a survivor...I really cannot put myself in the same category that so many other women are in, the one where they need to fight for their life.  So, the point of this post?  To share this beautiful story.  A fifteen minute video...produced by this "famous" photographer, about one of these women fighting for her life, worthy of watching every second.  Grab a tissue and count your blessings!  Thank you Kelley, my new friend for sharing this with me.  xoxoxo!!!


'The Light That Shines' a story for all from InBedWithSue.com on Vimeo.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...