Thursday, February 3, 2011

From the Intern's Perspective

Hi everyone, Brittany here. :)  Today's my last day working with Joanne and I just wanted to share a little bit about my experience.  Wanting to do an internship at the last minute (typical college kid, I suppose) I decided to give Joanne a call, honestly not expecting much.  I was pleasantly surprised when she agreed to take me on as an intern.  Right up front she let me know about how she works, where she works, etc., thinking it might not be exactly what I was looking for.  Little did she know that my love for animals would be a perfect match for a lot of the work she does.  Going to the Animal Refuge League and working with the local breeder was a way for me to expand my photography (and have a lot of fun at the same time!).  Not knowing exactly what type of photography I want to get into, this was a wonderful experience for me to try new things.  Another exciting job we had was to photograph little two month old Lexi, which was also new for me.  Never having taken pictures of a baby before, it was wonderful to have Joanne there to watch and give me tips.  It turned out to be so much fun and, probably not having to even mention, Lexi was a doll.

The past four weeks have been a learning experience and have definitely helped me narrow down what I could potentially do as a career.  Working with animals is now officially on my list of possibilities!  Also, working with babies could be a lot of fun, too.  Here are a few samples of the baby pictures I took:














As you can see, we had a lot of different ideas to make the shoot as creative and fun as possible and I think we did just that.  For more samples from the shoot from both mine & Joanne's photographs, check out the slideshow!  So, Joanne, thank you for being extremely flexible and showing me as much as you could...I really appreciate it!  It's been great!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...