Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Mother of Dogs Vacuums Everyday

People see my dog photos and often ask me "What kind of vacuum do you use"?

I have a funny story that goes with that answer, but first let me state that people are very passionate about vacuum cleaners, and some folks are extremely opinionated...and yes...I've even social media "unfriended" a friend or two that proved to be too passionate on this subject and felt it necessary to slam my recommendation with their own opinions.

It's my vacuum...my opinion, kapish?

So, the Minor house has a Kenmore canister, but the lady of the house has many many physical weaknesses...and lugging around a heavy vacuum daily just doesn't happen...so about 5 years ago my husband mentioned getting me a Dyson cordless for Christmas, but he was hesitating because he understood that giving your wife a vacuum cleaner for Christmas could land him in a pretty big dog house.  I explained that if it was something I truly wanted...and I did...it was a perfectly acceptable gift for him to give me...and so he did.

A Dyson Animal V6...I can pretty much say I used it almost everyday.  We replaced the battery on it twice in those 5 years...and I had to use a long handled tweezer like tool to pull the dog hair out of the cup when emptying it...but alas...I loved it, and it was starting to fail me.  The turbo speed just wasn't working well anymore and my husband was now pitching in and pulling out the big heavy canister vacuum to help keep up a clean house.

He mentioned having the four legged girls give me a new Dyson for Mother's Day, but once again he wanted to be sure it was appropriate to give the lady of the house a vacuum for Mother's Day...and again I assured him that yes I absolutely wanted an upgrade and yes it was very much appropriate...and what an upgrade it is!!



Look at the comparison of the two, the old Dyson V6 on the left, the new Dyson V11 on the right.



I absolutely loved my old Dyson, but my new one is even more amazing!  It is much bigger, a bit of a concern for me and my many physical weaknesses, but I am handling it well.  It is much better on the bare floors than it's predecessor, emptying the dirt cup is a 100 times easier and no long handled tweezers needed!!  And yes, I vacuum everyday.  Every Single Day...and I absolutely love too!

It's mine and it hangs right behind my bedroom door...between my robe and my shoes...always ready when I need it!

  

And yes...a few days a week I have more than my two four legged girls...and yes...this is what I sometimes pick up in ONE day!


So I made a video so you can hear it and see it in action.  The video was taken in my living room which is carpeted and one of the dogs had been shredding a rope knot toy...you will see lots of yellow threads.



and lastly, check out how freaking easy it is to empty!!!!



So, one last funny tidbit...we purchased our first Dyson cordless at Target on a Black Friday event and I was a bit excited about it.  The cashier shared that he had one just like it and loved it...I asked if he had any pets to which he replied yes, I have two cats and you will love using this vacuum so much that you will vacuum everyday...sometimes twice...

And.  He.  Was.  So.  Right!!

It is a pretty big price tag...but when you use something everyday...and you LOVE doing it...it's definitely worth the price tag.
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...