Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Kitty Starr

On December 18th I took into my home a 4 month old foster kitty.  I wanted to name her Noel, or Holly...something to celebrate her Christmas arrival...but the family voted on Starr...but in her case, she was so tiny...I insisted we call her Lil Starr.  Poor Kitty...she has sooooo many issues...we have yet to adopt her.  After numerous vet visits...this is what we know about our precious little Starr. 
1.  She has a polyp in her ear...on her eardrum.  She needs extensive surgery and $$$$ to remove it.
2.  She has poop issues.  One extreme to the other.  She's on her fourth or fifth special diet.
3.  She may be allergic to her own teeth!  She has extreme gingivitis...and two sets of teeth...baby and adult.
4.  She is an amazing, gentle, fun and mellow little kitty.

Yup, she's a mess...
But somehow we all love her.
The Animal Refuge League is working closely with me and many different vets to try and improve her quality of life.  I have vowed not to get attached to her...
yup...so much for that....



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...