Friday, January 21, 2011

My tribute to Elise

I made a resolution to blog every week...and I have plenty of fall stuff I can post, but I'm afraid if I delay writing this post, I may never do it at all...so here goes...
My tribute to Elise...my Mother-in-Law...my friend...
or actually...my cyber goodbye...after all...I could never do a true tribute justice...she was that good.

Right around Thanksgiving we got the sad news that Elise was terminally ill, and the best she (we) could hope for was to live to experience one more Christmas. 
Our daily routine of living spun into a slow motion emotional roller coaster.  We all had to come to grips of what life on earth would be like without Elise. 
In the past 20 years, I really don't think a week has gone by where I didn't have a conversation with her.
 
The good news, she did get to see Christmas, and she was with us 100% in mind and in body.

We lost Elise this past weekend. 
We had an opportunity to say goodbye. 
We had an opportunity to visit with family that came from far away.  Elise would have been proud...I think...that we all got together to celebrate her life with us.  We shared many many stories, laughs and tears.
 
I will miss this great lady. 
I know that someday I will be the best Grandmother ever...as long as I follow her examples.

I know that next year it will be up to me to continue some of the great Elise Holiday traditions we celebrate.

I know that if I lose my way...she will find a way to let me know...
and...I will be listening...

1 comment:

Kelly Minor said...

Well said! Love this photo of her with the boys :-) Elise will be missed but she will always be with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...