Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow Day Catch Up. A Maine Photographer

I've been waiting for a snow day to share these photos.
Last summer was a whirlwind for my family.
We had the closing on our house in July...yet we didn't move in until mid August.
We had a few updates to do in the new house and many updates to do in the old.
I had weddings and high school seniors to photograph and...well...summer is short.
Because of our crazy busy schedules we knew having fun was in short supply.
When we were asked to chaperone some high school boys on a quick overnight camping trip I jumped at the chance because I knew having fun this summer wasn't penciled in on the calendar.
But I was worried...not about being the only female...but a bit about what high school boys might want to include in a overnight camping trip away from home...for entertainment...I here enough about the parties...etc etc.

Whew, I was pleasantly surprised.   No sooner had we got the vehicles unloaded and all supplies moved to the camp site...the main event began...and continued for the following 24 hours...

Frog catching.

Yup...a first for me.

I've raised two boys...spent many hours at campgrounds...but I admit...high school boys and their facination with frogs...again...a first for me.

The following day after arrival we climbed Tumbledown mountain.  If you're a native Mainer and you haven't been to the top of Tumbledown, please add this to your bucket list...the view is worth the climb.

My photo video is quick!
Enjoy your snowday :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...