Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pet and People Walk 2011 for The Center for Grieving Children


The Pet and People Walk for The Center for Grieving Children took place this past Saturday, June 11th.  The pleasure of photographing this event is all mine.  I truly am my happiest when surrounded by man's best friend.  I attended this annual event for the first time last year, and I was really a little bit awe struck to be considered a part of the Center for Grieving Children's volunteers.  Last year I volunteered to photograph the event because of the dogs, but it didn't take me long to realize that this event is so much bigger than that.  The children I met, and the personal journeys that each of them are  on, after hearing some of the stories, well let's just say the Center for Grieving Children is a giant blessing we are so very fortunate to have in our community.  Although I'm not a child, I have endured my fair share of grieving in the past two years...in fact...maybe a little bit more than my fair share...anyhow, again, I cannot stress how fortunate this community is to have such a center available for ANYONE in need of services.  Now that I've participated in this annual event I'm hopeful to continue to participate for years to come.  A little rain couldn't even damper this event in the slightest!  Please enjoy the slide show of this day by clicking on the photo above.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...