Thursday, April 20, 2017

Joanne's Okinawa Adventure Day 3. A Maine Photographer

Day 3
A note about my photos from this trip.  I carried around my Nikon D500 with a Tamron lens 18-270. I could photograph ALL DAY LONG...but obviously, this was a vacation, and when sight seeing with my better half, I sometimes sense frustration of the amount of time I "can spend" photographing.  He is somewhat patient with me, and I know he values what I capture, but he also keeps me moving when I begin to lag behind, which sometimes frustrates me...but it does help keep us on schedule and requires me to think on my feet.  A shout out to my three co-sightseers...thank you for pausing occasionally, when I insisted on taking a group photo of the four of us to capture a memory.  For quick photos, selfies, and all photos taken from a moving vehicle, plane, bus or car, those were taken with my cellphone, a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.  FYI, I am becoming quite a fan of my cell phone camera!

One of the very best things I loved about this vacation was the fact that Matt and I didn't need to do anything but relax.  We couldn't drive because you need an international license to drive, and Jill and Philip took care of all the driving.  Eliminating the obstruction of navigating ourselves through a foreign land gave us an opportunity to sit back, relax, and enjoy the scenery.  In addition, our host had narrowed down the best possible places for us to eat and experience the local cuisine, we had it made, only thing left to do was show up and enjoy!



First stop of day 3, the Mother Coffee, for a breakfast to remember.  Matt and I had already joked that when we arrived in Japan, we noticed all of the restaurants in the airport had plastic food in the window showcasing their menu.  With that said, we really enjoyed the menu at the Mother Coffee :)


Breakfast was amazing, and from there we traveled to the northern end of Okinawa to visit the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium the second largest aquarium in the world.













one of our sights...don't ask...we haven't a clue


After our aquarium visit we travelled further north, to the most northern tip of Okinawa, Cape Hedo.
This was the Okinawa I couldn't wait to see!!  In this very spot we have the South China Sea on the West, and the Pacific ocean on the East.  And, to top it off, we pretty much had the place to ourselves...and yes...the photographer in me was dancing!!



there were these beautiful aquamarine blue fish in the water below the cliffs








Somewhere down the road, when I reminisce about my vacation in Okinawa, this, right here, is what I will remember.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...