Wednesday, July 6, 2016

A Pine Point Summer Solstice Tradition. A Maine Photographer.

There is a group of individuals who exercise regularly in the early hours of the morning. For some of these people, the only thing they have in common is that one hour a day, for how many days of the week they choose to go. Friendships form. Traditions are created. Friday night at Pine Point, the week of Summer Solstice, now having occurred three times within this group classifies it as a tradition. You don't need an invitation. You show up and are guaranteed to be amongst friends...afterall...it takes a special person to get up at the crack of dawn to exercise with a group of people...people who even though you may have very little in common with...people who become your friends.

Living within a half hour from the beach is by far one of the single most things I am grateful for.  I am also painfully aware that I do not take advantage of this blessing anywhere near as much as I should...for solace, for reflection, for gratitude, and for practicing and improving my photography skills.  Summer Solstice at Pine Point, for me, is an opportunity for all of the above.

My solace, my reflection, my gratitude, my practice.  Summer Solstice 2016.



 That famous line in Lethal Weapon...do we go on 3...or do we go on go?  Barb?















Meet 9 wk old Brewer.  I will ask any puppy owner if I may photograph their puppy.  It is who I am :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...