Friday, February 12, 2016

Inspiration. A Maine Photographer

Every year, for the past six years I have blogged on February 10.  I have blogged about my sister Carmen.  February 10th is her birthday.

Carmen died in December of 2009, after a long illness.  At that time I was just beginning my photography journey as a professional.  My work has grown so much in six years, that one thing I know with certainty is if I had asked Carmen to allow me to document her journey and bring awareness and knowledge to her struggles, I believe she would have embraced it.  I truly wish she was here today to share with me...her journey...and my journey.  She will always be an inspiration to me.

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I was going to be posting some photos of people who have brought me inspiration this past year.  I have more to share, so I will continue to do so in the next few posts.  I started this particular blog series in preparation for a photography inspiration retreat I would be attending.  I attended Inspire last year and couldn't wait to do it again.


Inspiration can and does come in all forms.
Last year I met Vy.
She greeted me when I walked into the hotel for the Inspire convention.  A little welcoming committee all on her own.  She invited me to sit on the sofa with her and talk.  Vy is from Vietnam and her English is very good, and although my middle aged ears kept asking her to repeat she never seemed frustrated with me and always repeated whenever asked.  We became friends instantly, and touched base throughout the event.

Once home, Vy and I became facebook friends, and then I started to see a glimpse of her life as a whole, not just the young photographer I met.

Again, inspiration comes in all ways.

Vy is a young Wife.
Vy is a Mom to a very special little girl named Tamara who has SMA.
Vy has a facebook page Rolling with SMA to educate and share.
Vy started her photography business because she has to be a stay at home Mom.
Vy is always learning how to communicate in English, both spoken and written.
...and if all of this isn't inspiration enough...
Vy is a positive, smiling, energetic bundle of fun!
Vy is fearless!
Pardon my English Vy, but you are a badass!
You, are an inspiration.  :)

Vy and I just reconnected at Inspire 2016 this past week in Newport RI
Vy submitted her work to be critiqued by some amazing photographers.  In her words, she was in the "hot seat"
Vy is a badass...and an inspiration.





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...