Friday, September 18, 2015

Mindfulness. A Maine Photographer

Mindfulness is the intentional, accepting and non-judgmental focus of one's attention on the emotions, thoughts and sensations occurring in the present moment,...

Instead of letting your life pass you by, mindfulness means living in the moment and awakening to experience.

Mindfulness.  Buzz word for 2015,



I am a Wife
I am a Mother
I am an Employee
I am a self employed Professional
I am a Teacher
I am a Volunteer
I am a Daughter
I am a Friend
I am a Woman
...and I often feel like the photo above
...and the one below...


I know I am not alone in the feelings I experience this time of year.
For me, it's because of what I do and who I choose to work for.
September through December.
Year after year.
I bring myself to this place.
I carefully choose which plates I knowingly can keep spinning in the air without compromising my health and well being.
I schedule carefully.


I now know what I can handle...


...but...it is the unexpected...the unscheduled that I struggle with...


The unexpected care taker issues of a parent.
The death of a friend...


That email, the one addressed to 100 other people, begging for parental participation in order to keep the program your child is involved in going...
that one little additional guilt trip email...the one that I see as though it is addressed to just me...


and I start to sweat...

...and then I literally feel short of breath...


like I'm crazy close to the sun...



...and I just need to breathe!


...and not take the world around me too personally.

...get things in focus...


...slow down...


...say "no" when necessary...


and remember to be mindful of myself.



fair warning...I have found lately that I am incapable of finishing a sentence.


...that is what happens when I fly too close to the sun...or in other words...get too many plates spinning at one time.  No one wants to see me crash and burn...including myself.

Be kind to one another.
Be kind to yourself.
Please do not judge.
Some of us are are beginners at this mindfulness stuff.

Live in the moment.
Live for today.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...