Thursday, August 14, 2014

Summer Break Through the Lens of a Point and Shoot. A Maine Photographer

So I write to you once again.
This week my blog focus is just catching up on the personal stuff.

It's been a few months, more than I like to admit, that I have been experiencing arm and shoulder pain.
Our insurance deductible is very high and this does cause me to pause before I seek medical attention.
Last June, 2013 one of my boys was hit in the face with a disc golf frisbee.  Insurance didn't cover a dime of the emergency room visit or the followups...and yes...14 months later I have finally paid off this bill.

Fast forward to Spring 2014.  My routine physical brings me news of additional requirements on my own preventive care.  An additional mammo...$$$...then an ultrasound...$$$...I'm happy to report that these tests have left me with a clean bill of health for the immediate future...but the bills are just beginning to roll in.  I finally had to admit that my shoulder issues were not getting better and that I was going to need to get some medical attention.  It was becoming quite evident that I couldn't do my work, the work I do everyday and love so much...because just lifting my 10 pound camera to my eye was causing me extreme pain and discomfort.   I did seek some help and I am getting better everyday.  This past week my other son Nick was diagnosed with Lyme disease. This was caught extremely early so gratefully he should make a full recovery.  I'm not really sure how much of a dent our family is making on that high deductible but I'm guessing by the time Joshua has his wisdom teeth pulled in November we may start to benefit?

So, one of the things I'm doing for myself to help heal my shoulder is to limit the use of my heavy camera equipment to paid work.  All personal family time photos I have been using a small Nikon "point and shoot" that weighs less than a pound.  I know many of you out there have great camera phones...but I am not one of them.  I have a "Love Hate" relationship with my point and shoot...I love that it is light and I can take it with me everywhere...but I hate that it doesn't give me the results I am looking for. Just like anything else that is worth the effort, getting to know my point and shoot is taking time...and I seem to delete more photos than I keep...but heck...most of these are just for fun.  Capturing a moment in time.  Good times :)

First up... a Friday night beach gathering of our boot camp group.  Minor Moments Captured...on a point and shoot :)













No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...