Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My Chloebutt. My Pride and Joy. A Maine Photographer Focusing on Tails

Chloe is doing great.  Today her puppies are four and a half weeks old.
Yes there is a reason I have not updated this blog sooner.
This whole Chloe being a Mommy is very emotional.

The last I posted the pups were 12 days old.
I do visit Chloe about three times a week.  The rest of my family is not so lucky.  We all miss her so much.
But we know she has a job to do, and her job took on a whole new meaning after my last blog post.

There was another Mommy-to-be at SnowyPaw and her name is Edy.
In fact Edy and Chloe ventured together to meet their stud muffins :)
Edy's heat began when Chloe was about finished...hence...her puppies were due a bit after Chloe.  Whenever I visited Chloe I first stopped by to pet Edy and say hello.  Edy was "all puppy" the way we say that when a thin women is "all baby" :)  Edy was having trouble sitting, laying, and eating.  She looked pretty miserable and uncomfortable.  Edy's puppies were delivered two weeks after Chloe's.  Edy didn't like being a Mommy, and had a pretty severe case of postpartum.

The new puppies, all eight of them, were introduced to Chloe, who I am told was very eager to take care of them...and this is where Mommy Joanne gets emotional.  Chloe is an unbelievable Mommy, and yes, even though she's my dog, in many ways my pride of her is not much different than the pride I have for my children.  OK, don't judge me here!  With that said, I've also been a bit concerned for Chloe's health.  She has three gorgeous pups of her own that she has been bathing and feeding daily, and then all of a sudden she takes on eight more. I was excited to share this news with all of you, but I've been cautiously worried too, because even though there is so much joy to share, there is also often a bit of heartache too.  Unfortunately before the week was over we had lost one of Edy's pups.  I had heard of it happening before...Mommy lays on one of the pups and suffocates it.  It was one of my worries...after all...the odds seemed stacked against Chloe...her normal weight is 70 lbs...I have no idea how much she weighs currently...but with 10 engorged breasts...I'm guessing she's feeling a bit bloated.  Not to mention EXHAUSTED.  Poor Chloe.

Since that incident Chloe has had 100% supervision when nursing...and everyone appears to be doing better. The photos I'm sharing with you today are from when Chloe's pups turned two weeks old, and Edy's pups were not quite one day old yet.  These photos are an amazing visual of these beautiful dogs and their temperament with each other. I will post again in a few days to share more recent photos.  I do post more regularly on my facebook business page so feel free to visit, like, and follow me there at Minor Moments Photography.

this is beautiful Edy


















 
and, if you are a women who has nursed a child before...well...I double dog dare you to watch this video without crossing your arms!

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...